FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Tier Point runs | 2014 master thread
View Single Post
Old Sep 21, 2014, 2:54 pm
xenole

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by haasha
I have not checked any bags, so I can only guess. First flight out of SJU to MIA was just after 12:00 (I guess that's your flight?), so I assume that check-in will be open from around 10:00 and they will let you check the bag in. You are Emerald after all, AA seemed to be pretty good in helping status pax in my limited experience.

50 minutes in MIA is perfectly doable but again can't comment on checked bags. Flagship in LAX is one of few lounges with actual food, i.e. not just muffins.

Getting landside from gate is about 5 minutes in HNL. Roads were quiet around 23:00, I think it takes about 20 minutes to the city. No idea about baggage wait and car availability...
My flight out of SJU is at 11:37am - weird time!

Have had checked luggage missed a MIA-MCO connection before and it arrived in LAS (later that night for a morning collection) on a different airline.
Did mean I had to go back to the airport using hotel shuttle buses rather than starting out as early as I wanted.

Have found something about checking bags 4 hours before a flight but not 100% clear.