FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Travelers: Air marshal aimed gun in Delta cabin
Old Sep 2, 2002, 8:34 am
mikey1003
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Rover:
That's right-all you wiseguys would be sorry if there were no air marshalls and women were harrased by brutes who when they were finished with her, came for you. You would be sorry then. It's a small price to pay for the security of having an air marshal on board, even if they do point their gun at you. If you haven't committed a crime, why should you worry about having a gun pointed at you anyway? I think some of you (I won't mention any names) have guilty conscionces. Anyway the air marshall programme is just starting out, and after a while everything will be allright. In the meantime you are helping terrorists by complaining about things like this, but I suppose that is what you intended. Wait till Brian hears about what you said.</font>
That is not their job. These idiots blew their cover by defending the damsel in distress.

I have seen several instances of air rage...both before 9-11 and after.

Before...we kinda just sat their and kept our mouths shut.

After, it was the PAX who helped control the bad guys.

The AMs in this case blew it. If the bad guy was a diversion, he succeeded in sniffing out the AMs. He probably wasn't..... The AMs should do their job.

I do not believe this was in their job descriptions.