FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United.com charging elites for E+??
View Single Post
Old Sep 17, 2014, 1:21 pm
dank0014

Originally Posted by davewang202
Is there something funny going on with SHARES recently?

Just now, I tried to change my seats for an upcoming flight, and the UA website asked if I wanted to pay for E+ seats or keep my E- seat. Which was funny because I already had E+ seats, and the last time I checked, United provides E+ seating as a benefit to Elites. However, this just seems to be a nuisance because regardless of which E+ seat I select, the system doesn't try to charge me.

The story is different when I try to adjust my SO's seats - separate itinerary, and 1P (Gold) status, and this time around, trying to change from E+ middle seat to E+ aisle seat, the web site wants to charge $36. I checked the receipt, and it clearly shows the Premier Gold /*G status, so now I'm not sure why the web site is asking for the $36. I'll call in and get this fixed, but just wondering if this has happened to anyone else recently?
I had this exact same issue twice last week. Logged out, went back to select seat, and everything was fine. Bucket it into the UA IT issues.

On another note, when I got to the airport, was #1 on upgrade list, but the agent was having an issue processing the upgrade as it kept on wanting to charge for it. In the end, she offloaded me on the flight, add me back on, came up on upgrade list again, and was cleared. She mentioned that things have been messy with SHARES the past two weeks with elites on upgrades and E+ seats for some reason, and they have been completely random cases.