FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cabo San Lucas - Los Cabos - SJD hurricane Odile impact 9/14: conditions & status
Old Sep 16, 2014, 4:31 pm
jfinsocal

Programs: US Chairman no more. AA EXP
I have friends there too and am trying to help them get home. There is no reliable information in Todos Santos or here for that matter.

Los Cabos is a very remote place in a desert and the local resources would not normally support anything near its population. This is unique to Cabo and they do not need tourists coming down in the foreseeable future to stress their infrastructure. What resources they have now and in the next few months now should be used to support the locals.

The problem that I foresee is business owners declaring themselves "open for business" when foreigners have no business being there. I hope that tourists stay away until the place is semi-functional and based on prior major hurricanes in more accessible areas of Mexico this will take 2-3 months at best. I have little faith that the Mexican government is willing to make this decision unfortunately.

Best wishes to the locals and tourists and please provide any info about ferry flights to the US or Mexico.