View Single Post
Old Sep 16, 14, 1:45 pm
kokonutz
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Programs: UA 1K/MM refugee to cheapest business class fare, SPG Lifetime Plat, CBP Global Entry, #datelife
Originally Posted by nsx View Post
If cash transactions were not prohibited on CC we could find out here on FT. But it seems to me that the fee should be comparable to the associated expenses for non-local attendees: roughly $400 for the hotel and either $100 for parking or about $500 for travel. Would I pay $1000 for AFTU? Nope. Would 100 people pay that? I think so.

I suggested on VFTW that the organizers attempt to cut the expensive hotel out of the equation next time. Go cheap all the way and charge more for the event itself. Everybody wins except the local attendees, who were getting too good a deal before.
I made a comment there that the price was too LOW, linking to my post above.

Apparently it did not survive moderation...guess I need to go change the wiki in this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/exter...-comments.html (and yes, this post is designed, in part, to shame Gary into un-moderating my post ). ETA: YAY! He unmoderated it 5 or 10 minutes after I posted this. My comment is now directly above yours.

Thanks, Gary!!!

Last edited by kokonutz; Sep 16, 14 at 2:05 pm