FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Malaysia Airlines Is Burning $2 Million Every Day as Flights Go Empty
Old Sep 16, 2014, 11:49 am
GGLwannabe

Programs: BA GGL, Gold for Life
I've been flying a lot with Malaysian over the last year and a half - ever since they joined One world Alliance. They have handy connections around South East Asia and are generally good value in business class. In the last month or so however I have noticed that you can find extremely attractive fares on their website but when you have selected your flights and click Next you get to the summary page with a message at the top saying 'The price of your itinerary has changed. Please review it below'. I have just had this happen again and a J class return from BKK to HKG in March changed from B.8,853 to B14,060. That's some change. Does anyone know what's going on? Are MH just trying to sucker us in to booking the flights and hope we won't notice the massive increase? Or is there something else going on - e.g. the deal is only for Thai residents and they can detect from my ISP that I'm not in Thailand