FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Stranded in Cabo After Hurricane Odile - What to do?
Old Sep 16, 2014, 10:03 am
icydog

Programs: UA Silver, MRP Platinum, Marriott Vacation Club Chairman, SPG Platinum, Cunard Platinum,
My friend is in a timeshare called Pueblo Bonito Sunset. She has electricity and she's using a fan in her room. Her bathroom ceiling fell in but luckily nobody was hurt and also luckily her villa has two bathrooms.

There ARE people from California who have shown up to occupy rooms. I think they are idiots and have added to the problem. The lobby is FULL of people who have been evacuated from other Pueblo Bonita properties. These people and the California Idiots, are sleeping on the floor or beach chairs.

My friend had 4 inches of water in her room but somebody finally showed up to vacuum it out.

She's on an all inclusive plan but the lines are so long in the restaurants they are paying for food at the on site deli. I'm sure they're just glad to have anything to eat. The date of, and up to dinner time the day after, the hurricane there was no food at all. She and her husband ate the M&Ms and cookies I sent down with them. They didn't take any other food because they'd signed up for the AI.

I just found out her flight was cancelled. I sent her an email and told her NOT to check out. I hope they heed my advice. To make things worse they are both in their 70s and speak only a few words in Spanish. They are my dear friends and traveling companions and I'm very, very worried. This was their 40th wedding anniversary extravaganza and then this happened.