FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - House Pets at Luxury Hotels
View Single Post
Old Sep 15, 2014, 10:33 am
mike_la_jolla

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, SWA CP
Thurnher's Alpenhof had a golden retriever. That dog had the run of the place. I cannot begin to imagine what the owner or manager would say to a guest that complained about this friendly dog, but I suspect it would be unkind. Remote places such as Post Ranch Inn have wild deer, quail, turkeys, and squirrels that have names. I think they called one of the vultures that hung around by the name Ralph. We have a photo of this bird, with his wings extended to catch the warming morning sun. At PRI they tell you that the deer sometimes graze on the roofs, so if you hear noises, don't worry.

A house pet, of any sort, is a huge plus for us. A parrot is a real plus, but dogs/cats are fine. It adds personality. And pet friendly places, particularly in the bars, are fun. I still remember meeting several large lab-type dogs in the bar at Little Nell, a place I least expect to see large animals. I also remember nearly stepping on a little lap puppy on the way out. That dog couldn't have been more than 1 lb (0.45kg) and was a happy little thing.

I've not been to Villa Feltrinelli, but management's non-response to this review speaks loudly: “disappointed”. My polite response to Anita B would be get some Allegra or check out.

Last edited by mike_la_jolla; Sep 15, 2014 at 11:58 am