FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Reservation not honoured
View Single Post
Old Sep 14, 2014, 11:13 pm
Vick407

Originally Posted by Arjay9
Hi Everyone,

I had a situation happen a few weeks ago, and I'm wondering what sort of customer service response I should expect.

Wed Aug 27th I used the Best Western App on my iPhone to reserve a room at a BW location in Canton, NY as a first night stop on my way elsewhere. I received a confirmation number and a follow-up e-mail that my reservation had been confirmed.

Upon arriving at the hotel at approx. 9pm I was told that they did not have my reservation & that I must have wrongly booked at the hotel in Canton, Ohio. After showing the front desk staff my confirmation their annoyed response was that they were having computer problems and that they did not have my reservation and they did not have any available rooms. (Turns out Canton, NY is a University town and there were no other rooms available for over 100 Miles.) I was told that there was nothing that they could do as all of the rooms in town were sold out... & Good Bye.

Exhausted I ended up driving 2-hours to Lake Placid where hotel rooms were available.

I left a message for customer service and they have not yet called me back. I know its been a few weeks, but I now have time to try to sort this out and wonder if it's reasonable to expect BW to cover the cost of my hotel in Lake Placid that night? I don't travel for work, so I'm only a "Gold Elite" with BW.

Thanks in advance
Like others said. If you have email confirmation then they have to honor it. System issue is their issue not yours. You did everything by the book. They should have found u a location and pay for your travel.

Customer care will give you some points and maybe travel card to shut u up.

Pm me I will tell you what to do. Don't bother with attorney general it won't get you anywhere.

P. S. Don't take advice from people who always direct you to attorney for small issues.