FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
View Single Post
Old Sep 13, 2014, 4:53 pm
llbad

Originally Posted by taipeiflyer
what people need to stop doing is basing their expectations on those of "famous" bloggers (lmao). bloggers- by virtue of their pathetic profession- get certain perks that other guests simply do not enjoy. i think people's expectations are way out of whack, and it is ridiculous that people allow a simple breakfast change policy to create such a sea-change in people's perceptions of the property. enough with the freeloading.
I think it's ridiculous that you're such a fanboy of Hyatt that you will lower your expectations so much that for a $400/night stay at an Andaz property you believe a residence-inn style breakfast is acceptable for diamond members. (lmao). BTW I literally have better breakfasts at residence inns, so that is giving the Andaz a break.

Maybe it's just me but I think what is really happening is that people are more realistically evaluating this property. I stayed at that Andaz Maui the first week of June and even with the free breakfast, canoe ride and the access to the spa, I found it to be overrated.
Well-put. Agreed