FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [FARE GONE] DL: SFO-ATL/JFK-NRT-SIN $1,232.30 ai RT (25,318 mi; 4.9 cpm)
Old Sep 11, 2014, 11:28 pm
xolinlevh

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Almost done with my run. Sitting in LAX now waiting for my flight back home to MSP. Overall a quite nice run, only a couple hitches. On departure from JFK-NRT after pushing back a issue was detected with an instrument which required us to pull off and have it repaired, took 3 hours. Thus causing the 2.5 hour layover to go poof. While in the air tweeted @DeltaAssist who instantly held a seat for me on a later Singapore Air flight (on a A380 no less) incase i miss connected. Upon landing in NRT was quite surprised to find out they had held the connection to SIN for us (45 min late at that point).

Arrival at SIN was a breeze. Walked from T1 to T3 (missed the train so figured i would walk, watch out its a long walk) and went to exit customs to get to the 'Haven' transit lounge/hotel, not a single person in line at the T3 customs checkpoint. Flew through it and checked in to Haven, shower, nap, food, and headed back to my gate. Problem here tho was that the airport train does not start back up till 5AM, and once youve exited security theres no way to walk back to T1. I ended up grabbing a taxi.

The return legs SIN-NRT and NRT-JFK were at best half full. on both legs I had an entire row to myself in EC to stretch out across.

As I sit at the LAX skyclub my body right now has NO clue what time/day it actually is anymore!