FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MVPG change benefits for award tickets book for other passengers?
Old Sep 11, 2014, 7:45 pm
CDKing
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by beckoa
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

If the miles are from a MVPG or higher account there are no change fees.
Originally Posted by jona970318
I'm not so sure about that one... I thought the benefit would apply to the passenger who holds the status + any companion
Originally Posted by mikelat
I'm with Beckoa in thinking that the fee benefits are determined by which account the miles are redeemed from.
The airlines that I know of, Award fees follows redeemer account and revenue fees follows travelers account.

Well I guess that's not 100% correct. On UA for example benefits like E+, priority check in, award upgrades, baggage fee waiver, change fee waiver, etc. seem to follow redeemers account. A few years ago AS changed this so you have to enter your own FF number into awards to get the elite benefits, although fee waiver on awards remained tied to redeeming account.

For revenue tickets, change fee waiver up until date of departure is tied to travelers status. I can no longer get change fee waived on both tickets should my +1 fly with me, that changed many years ago