FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Home Depot in Boston by Public Transport
View Single Post
Old Sep 11, 2014, 11:24 am
kered

Programs: No longer bothered chasing FF status.
Home Depot in Boston by Public Transport

Hi all,

Hoping some Boston locals can help us out here.

Mrs Kered & I are going to be in Boston for a few days next week & we'd like to visit a Home Depot. Strange I know, for a tourist to want to go to a Home Depot, but we always like to visit one when over in the U.S.

We usually have a car on our visits, so it's usually no problem, we even have a few favourite HD's in the various places we regularly visit. But on this occasion, we won't have a car, so would need to get there by Public Transport.

I've had a look at the HD website & have picked out the Home Depots at - South Bay Centre & at Mystic Ave, Somerville, as being the most likely candidates. Both seem to have "T" Stops nearby, but looking on Google Street view, I can't quite figure out what the neighborhoods near these stores are like & how safe they would be to walk around.

So I was hoping that perhaps that some of the Boston locals on here might be offer some advice as to what the areas around these stores are like & how suitable it would be to walk over to one.

Aslo, of course, if anyone has any other suggestions as to another store that might be easier / safer to get to, I'd be most grateful of any advice you can offer.

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

Kered