FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AirOne cancels many flights from OCT 1 2014 onward? Options?
Old Sep 8, 2014, 8:00 am
rocketzo

Programs: AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by FlyingHoustonian
I get that AZ can have its issues, but AirOne is going away. Thus, they booked you on a connection since the N/S is gone (and I am based at CTA, I certainly can appreciate non-stops) and they did it at no charge (as they should have).

In the grand scheme of things it does not seem like that big a deal. Yes it is a longer flight time now with the connection, but you also get to LCY instead of LGW saving a trip, time, and cost of getting from LGW into London (I presume you are heading to London, of course).

There are other flights CTA to London if you had received the refund, though I concur on shorter notice they could be a bit more expensive.

By certain AZ standards this was handled ok.
Yes, I agree, AZ handled it appropriately. Either a refund or reaccomodation at no charge is certainly fair. Its just no fun to go from a 10am non-stop to a 6am flight with a connection, but not really much else to be done unless i wanted to shell out more cash for a direct on another airline.