FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AirOne cancels many flights from OCT 1 2014 onward? Options?
Old Sep 7, 2014, 9:14 am
FlyingHoustonian

Location: Catania, Sicily/South Jersey (PHL)/Houston, Texas/Red Stick/airborne in-between
Programs: United Global Svs, AA PlatPro, WN RR, AZ/ITA Freccia, Hilton Diam, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Prez, IHG
Originally Posted by rocketzo
In case anyone else is in this same situation:

Just called the Alitalia call center. At first, the agent said he couldn't get me to London and was ready to offer a refund, but that's because AZ doesn't seem fly to LGW and he wasn't eager to search for alternatives. I asked to be put on a connecting flight to LCY and he made that change at no cost. I asked if they'd offer any compensation given that I'm switching from a direct flight to a connecting one, he said no. My options were to get a full refund, or to be reaccomodated on AZ flights at no charge.
I get that AZ can have its issues, but AirOne is going away. Thus, they booked you on a connection since the N/S is gone (and I am based at CTA, I certainly can appreciate non-stops) and they did it at no charge (as they should have).

In the grand scheme of things it does not seem like that big a deal. Yes it is a longer flight time now with the connection, but you also get to LCY instead of LGW saving a trip, time, and cost of getting from LGW into London (I presume you are heading to London, of course).

There are other flights CTA to London if you had received the refund, though I concur on shorter notice they could be a bit more expensive.

By certain AZ standards this was handled ok.