FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - All Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card offers [Consolidated]
Old Sep 4, 2014, 2:36 pm
seravaf

Programs: United 1K, Bonvoy Ambassador / Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by bu08usc11
Quick question, I just got the card in the mail. Has my rewards number on it. When I go to login it redirects me to Marriott. Did they find an old Marriott account I had (I didn't even know I had one) or does all logins for rewards redirect to Marriott from the RC website?

If so, do I just call Marriott and tell them to switch it over to RC (I know they are interchangeable, but I like the concept of being a RC member and not a Marriott member as I've heard RC doesn't like Marriott "members" and it reduces your upgrades).

I guess the big question I have is that Marriott Platinum don't get lounge access with RC. I plan to spend enough on my RC Visa to get Plat (75k). Will I not get lounge access at RC since I am technically a Marriott member? If it's a non-issue, then I guess I'll just leave it be.
Ritz Plat doesn't get you lounge access. No one at Ritz gets free lounge access... it's different than a normal CL. They serve a pretty detailed breakfast, plus lunch snacks, different snacks at dinner and even a late night dessert. It's an entirely different thing - and that's why they charge for it.

You're best just leaving it be. I'm Plat at Marriott because of nights spent, so I get all of the same benefits at Ritz as I do at Marriott, with the exception of the lounge.

Now, since I got the Ritz card this week, I can use up to three upgrades a year for Ritz lounge access. Works for me since I only stay in a Ritz about 3 times a year anyway and I can use the $300 airline incidentals for an AA lounge membership. The annual fee pretty much pays for itself.