FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Let's play a game... How many years out-of-date is united.com?
Old Sep 3, 2014, 9:29 pm
T/BE20/G

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Boo_Radley
I don't have a lot of experience with DL.com, but I used to fly AA, and the girlfriend still does, so I have some experience there. Last week she had me check to see if her DFW-NRT flight would have the new J config. I assumed this just entailed pulling up the flight status for that flight and looking at the seat map. Nope. The AA.com flight status page doesn't even show equipment, much less a seat map. I had to make a dummy booking to see the seat map. This is just one example, but there are many more. . .
Originally Posted by bob_the_d
please, please, please i hope they do not get rid of this. recently i've been dipping my toe at DL and once in a while AA, and i never really realized how much i've changed my habits around this feature. i time my lounge/food/work around exactly knowing when the inbound is coming, rather than constantly checking to see if my outbound has changed on the departures board every few minutes. when i suddenly found myself without that feature on another airline, it was definitely noticeable. i was traveling with coworkers who only fly DL last week, and the general consensus was, "oh crap that would be super useful if i had that."
These are both features that aa.com actually does provide. You can see the seat map without a dummy booking by clicking "View Available Seats" Admittedly, this is a bit hidden under "Plan Travel", but once you know where to find it, it's there.

As for incoming flight information, you can find that by clicking "Incoming Flight Information" at the bottom of the flight status results.