FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BW new BRG, match lower rate and get $100 travel card [offer is active again]
Old Sep 2, 2014, 9:10 pm
sweetz_21_83

Programs: SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Silver
I tried a BRG for Venice a few months back, but I learned the guarantee only applies to US properties.

Recently, I was helping arrange a one night stay in Ruidoso, NM which has a very nice BW so I had the opportunity to give the BRG another shot. I booked the room on 8/23 and received this response on 8/24:

"Thank you for contacting Best Western International. We are currently reviewing your Low Rate Guarantee Claim and will be in contact with youwithin 48 hours.

If we can be of further service, please do not hesitate to contact us back at 800-528-1238."

By 8/26 I had still not heard back, so I cancelled the reservation and made other arrangements. Then on 8/29, a full 6 days after I submitted the BRG, I receive this response:

"Good morning. After an extensive review of your claim, we have determined the claim to be denied for the following reason:

The rate on booking.com was listed as a promotional/negotiated rate (36% off). These types of rates are ineligible for the low-rate guarantee.

If we can be of further service, or if you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us again."

I found this whole ordeal rather ridiculous and will not attempt a BW BRG in the future, as it appears it is utter nonsense. I have had very good luck lately with SPG and Marriott BRGs and have found they are relatively straightforward and easy to deal with.

It seems that others here have had similar experiences with the BW BRG. I am moving on after this experience. Good luck to anyone trying to BRG.