FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ex-LAS trial of new boarding process
View Single Post
Old Sep 2, 2014, 5:36 pm
ChuckArtic

Programs: MVP Gold
I have gone through the new process twice in the last few weeks. Once it was announced as a test and the second time no announcement was made about test boarding at all. I figured the second time the process must have been accepted.
I still have problems with families boarding before elites and first class. I have always been of the opinion that families and such should board after first class and elites.
The new process seems to demote gold elites and just adds to the continued erosion of the gold benefits. The 75K had done a major number on gold being by upgraded.
What I would suggest is a tweak to the AS boarding strategy as First Class, Elites, families and other needy folks, and then the rest. Is this all important to me? No but it still seems like erosion.
Forgot to mention serviceman as well and military retired being boarded early? I have been on flights where even retired military get on board before Gold. Being a Vietnam veteran with more than six years of honourable foreign service I can understand a man in uniform but come on retired military too.