FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Changes to Hawaii service since merger, late 2014 on (consolidated)
Old Sep 2, 2014, 11:46 am
binman

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
I flew DFW to HNL early in August and was rather impressed with the service on board but less so on the ground.

The salad and main entree were very good and it was a very real orchid that graced my tray.

I even found the seat surprisingly comfortable.

Returning on Friday from LIH to LAX and not having access to a lounge and then facing over 5 hours in a 757 was an unpleasant eye opener. There was no sundae on that flight.

Must say the sundae is a winner for me and I have been pleasantly surprised by AA catering both on the Hawaii services and most especially on the transatlantic services on the 777-300. The food was simply but well cooked and served nicely. The sundae or cheese option is absolutely fine for me and ticks all the boxes.

The wine choices are not great and white wine is not cold enough......they really should not call sparkling Californian wine "champagne" it's not.