Old Sep 2, 14, 8:51 am
skiandsea

I'm surprised you haven't been able to find any reviews. I have been going to The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island for at least 10 years. I had spent summers at The Plantation on Amelia Island as a kid with my family, and in recent years have spent time with my husband for anniversaries and now with our children. It is a really beautiful resort hidden from the outside hustle and bustle but easy to get to by car or air.
When I visit with my husband we enjoy SALT, the fine dining restaurant and the spa. They have services like you have never seen anywhere else, and an adult only area for couples.
The grounds are private and immaculate, you can get lost in the dunes and the sunrises. It's really romantic and charming.
With our family, it's just incredible what they do for the kids- we have come for Holiday like the 4th of July, and just for beach vacations. It is always a great time, we use the kids club and find the kids make friends with other kids and are always coming back with stories about the environment (tutles/sharks teeth hunts/etc.)
I can't say enough wonderful things about the hotel and the family memories we have made and shared there.
I'm not sure what you're conflicted about but it's always been top notch service, amazing food, beautiful surroundings, I'm not sure what else you're looking for but our AMEX counselor always does a superb job in getting us an upgrade as well.
Hope this helps.