FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Help routing home from OZ via Asia, business?
Old Sep 1, 2014, 11:06 am
JonNYC
Suspended

Originally Posted by jennlindberg
Hi Everyone!
...The real trouble is that we are limited in our coming home time-frame, and need to fly home anytime between 12.27-1.5.15.
Will be very, very, very, very tough. VERY. I'd bet only way it will happen is if you're willing to find your way home as your already there-- no airline will be giving out award space in that time period to the US in advance.

if you can move your return to more like the 8th or 9th you'll have better luck (although still much closer in till award space opens) but if you need to be home by the 5th of Jan or so, this trip, IMO, should not be booked w/ -ANY- hopes of award space opening up any time before a week or so before your return date.

It's with a few exceptions the single most difficult award anyone would ever seek-- I've looked for friends a few times, and sometimes a paid ticket home on FJ is only option.

If you'll be needing 4 awards and must fly home when you say, and want certainty of your return flights before you depart from the US, I'd personally go so far as to say this trip is not possible/practical.

If your AAdv account has a million miles sitting in it (or whatever the math is) obviously AAnytime award (at their highest level, no doubt) can/will get you home from Asia-- but at an astronomical amount of miles for 4 people and you'd still probably end up having to purchase some tix to get to Asia, or at least be fully prepared for that possibility.

Last edited by JonNYC; Sep 1, 2014 at 11:12 am