FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Help routing home from OZ via Asia, business?
Old Sep 1, 2014, 9:01 am
jennlindberg

Programs: AAdvantage
Help routing home from OZ via Asia, business?

Hi Everyone!

I could use some expert help. I am now 10-15 hours in for searching on Qaantas, BA, and AA, and my brain hurts. I would appreciate any advice or feedback greatly.

We are planning a trip to visit friends in Australia during prime season and are having no problems securing an outbound economy trip around 12.10.14 for the 4 of us. We'd love to fly business but understand that is like finding a unicorn.

The real trouble is that we are limited in our coming home time-frame, and need to fly home anytime between 12.27-1.5.15. We'd love to go business class and fly home via Asia from Australia as we have enough miles. We have 2 adults and 2 kids.

I'm unable to find any flights home at all to Austin from Australia during our time frame, economy. (or to any US hub.) The earliest I am finding in economy is AKL-LA on 1.12.15. I can also see BNE to SFO on 1.12. Those are just too late for us with work and school but we don't want to cancel our trip.

I have searched SYD, AKL, BNE, and MEL to: HKG, NRT, and PVG. No dice during the 12.27.14-1.5.15 time-frame.

Does anyone else have any ideas for us to consider? We really want to do the trip badly--time off arranged and friends looking forward to our arrival-- and we need to use our miles. We have 680k available now and are willing to buy more if needed.

Thanks in advance!

Jenn