FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New UA BF seat research
View Single Post
Old Sep 1, 2014, 8:58 am
spin88

Programs: 6 year GS, now 2MM Jeff-ugee, *wood LTPlt, SkyPeso PLT
Originally Posted by andrewwm
Thanks for the gratuitous insult, but as usual you are wrong.

Delta began domestic wifi installation in August of 2008 and finished in June of 2010.

American began domestic wifi installation in July of 2008 and to my knowledge still hasn't finished.

United began domestic wifi installation in May of 2013 and is expected to finish with domestic birds around spring of next year, substantially beating all of the other majors in terms of speed of roll-out.
United announced its wifi plans "more than 300 planes in the domestic AND international fleets" on November 7, 2011. http://crankyflier.com/2011/11/07/un...ver-the-water/

Jeff was in charge at this point, now three years later, it will still not be done.

And oh, how about wifi on the hundreds and hundreds of CRJ700s and ERJ-145s that fly very very long flights. Maybe you have missed it, but Delta has Wifi on nearly all of its RJ birds, and has had it there for 4-5 years.

As usual with this big hat, not cattle management team, they are a buck short, and a day late. And a new BF seat will be exactly the same.

Originally Posted by gengar

Plus, this is not even mentioning that UA in typical fashion PR'd their large-scale wifi plans all the way back in March 2011. I actually thought they started domestic wifi rollout before the May 2013 date that people are batting around, but if that date is correct, that means that UA was a whopping 2 years behind their PR announcement. I think that coupled with the lag behind AA/DL is what most people are talking about with respect to slow rollout of wifi - because we've been talking about having wifi on UA for ages and have mostly just been waiting.

It's actually really amusing to draw the parallels between the wifi rollout and the new BF seat. Already in this thread we saw some UA FT'ers are happy just that it's not going to be an industry-worst seat.
bingo. It was a late strategic plan, a failure to execute, and then the plan did not cover the entire (or in fact even half) of the fleet.