FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amsterdam Renaissance (Netherlands) [Master Thread]
Old Aug 24, 2014, 2:03 pm
dank0014

Originally Posted by JamesEaston
The Ren in Amsterdam is really a horrible choice over the MC. I stayed at the Ren way back in the early 90s before it was even a MC, then stayed a lot at L'Europe at Rembrandtsplein, but in the last years have stayed at the MC every time in AMS (about a dozen times) with the exception of last summer when there was some promo and went back to the Ren after a long absence.
I can respect your opinion and of course there are always hotels some have an amazing experience at while others don't.

I can say my experience with the Renaissance is a complete 180 experience from what you have, and I go there at least 6-8 times annually for the past 3 years. I would say a big difference is I have over time begun to know who the staff is, and they have always been accommodating to me and provided great service. On the weekends, they do give you access to the breakfast buffet. Truthfully though, the lounge service there is FAR beyond the lounge service of any US based hotel (though most international lounge services are with Marriott I've come to notice) so I compare them to the hotels I normally stay at in the States.

I've stayed at the Marriott there too, and wasn't extremely impressed. It wasn't anything bad, just no big wows that would make me return over and over again.