FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - NRSA more valuable than Elite
View Single Post
Old Aug 22, 2014, 2:46 pm
Dawgfan6291

Originally Posted by zetaman
Typically, these seats open up 24 hours ahead of time if someone with special accommodations has not already booked them. And I completely understand that NRSA travel is a complete crapshoot. But economy comfort seating is in place for the more loyal passengers (elites) or people who pay for it. It is a perk much like getting an upgrade. Delta has spent a considerable amount of money trying to make the overall travel experience better for those of us who spend a majority of our time in airports, hotels and planes. I would think they would want to continue that on each and every flight.

This was an oversold flight anyway. 26 on the upgrade list after clearing, 36 on standby.
uh. Wait.

So if it was an oversold flight your now saying Delta left paying PAXs at the gate for Non-revs?

And if they are on company business then there is a million and one reasons why they could be in EC. Company travel doesn't always mean your in Y. Could be C/F/EC or Y depending on many things.

and they could be in uniform but paying PAX. I know plenty of Non-revs who have given up on flying stand by and pay to fly back home. Sounds like the typical NR hate thread with very little (if any) facts being pointed out. Good luck getting anything out of Delta though.