FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta is experimenting with new boarding processes (order of boarding))
Old Aug 18, 2014, 10:17 pm
SOBE ER DOC

Programs: DL DM/1MM, AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Platinum
I would love to see DL tease out the SKY boarding by elite level. Not because I'm some DYKWIA but because when 1/3 - 1/2 of the entire plane is elite (as was the case last night on my JAX-ATL flight the second they call SKY everyone rushes the gate to make sure they get their overhead space. There were a number of DMs who did not get UGs last night. it is what it is but I nearly got knocked down by people rushing the gate then they called Sky Priority. It's just a mess on many flights. When everyone is elite (as with many DL flights), no one is elite.

As much as I hate to say it, WN has a very dignified boarding process. Assigning everyone a number and then having people line up by number creates a much simpler boarding process with no one rushing the gate. UA has also moved to create gate queues for zones 1 - 4 where people are asked to line up in their queue. Seems to control the herds a bit.