FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Washington D.C. REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Aug 18, 2014, 12:33 pm
airbornedaddy

Programs: AS MVP, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry, Hertz 5*
Great stay report, FlyingDoctorWu!

Just spent a night in the same Ambassador suite (rev+DSU) last night, and it was not just great... it was beyond great.

Checked in at 4 p.m. Sunday, room wasn't ready, so front desk called up to get that fixed right away. In meantime, I was offered a diamond amenity, and I chose the Red (VA) wine and got both the fruit and the cheese platters, due to the delay. Otherwise, Diamond benefits were laid out and clearly presented.

Upon entry in room, everyone was exactly as FlyingDoctorWu described. I suspect the DSU upgrade got me the Ambassador because I had recently stayed in some nice Grand Hyatts regularly, in addition to my last minute-booking via Hyatt.com (I had dinner reservations at the Blue Duck Inn Sunday night, and figured a mini-staycation in DC could be good, booked last Monday).

The bathroom was slender but sizable, and featured four (4!) faucets or showerheads. If you are a clean freak, this is the place for you. Televisions (both) were on a soft music background scenes (NYC, mountains, beaches, etc.) set to repeat, and the channel selections were on a sheet of paper under the clicker. Not sure if I'm just an audio-moron, but the sleek B&O speaker system was difficult to use, and when it was on, had some slight static. Couldn't find an instruction booklet for that, so it remained off.

During stay, asked for a complimentary shoe shine for my partner and it was promptly handled, in addition, some friends came over to chat, and a coffee cup was accidentally broken- called and they had no problems sending someone over to clean up (our reservation was about to start, otherwise I would have taken care of it myself). Breakfast was in-room, thanks to Diamond breakfast, delivered promptly at 0630 AM with a smile. The crab omelet and short rib hash were wonderful.

Sadly, work beckoned, and we were checked out quickly and professionally by a concierge in (what must have been) a bespoke suit, with a slightly British accent. Quite charming.

My first PH experience, it was sublime. I'm sure it won't be the last!

-AD