FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A business traveller's week on BA and oneworld
Old Aug 17, 2014, 3:21 pm
dddc

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Sunday

Tube to South Quay
Leave LHR T5 Tube station: 17:26
Arrive South Quay DLR station: 18:48
Piccadilly line to South Ken / Circle Line to Monument / DLR from Bank to South Quay.
Oyster Fare: £3

This is one of the more difficult trips to do from LHR, and though Heathrow Express may be a little quicker, there's so little in it that I went tube the whole way. Those who live in London will probably pick up on the fact that I changed at South Kensington rather than Barons Court, but I saw a lot of people waiting at Hammersmith - so I thought I would do the more awkward interchange at South Ken in the successful attempt to get a Circle line service. Tube's busy but I got a seat most of the way.
Perplexed as why you took to the long way with the DLR to South Quay, with a long connection at the Bank/Monument complex and not the Jubilee line from Westminster (down a few escalators, but no long walk like bank or the 1 stop change at Green Park), and then the few minutes walk through the West Atrium at CW and then over the bridge to the Hilton?

Came into T5 last Wednesday night. Boarded the Picadillly at 9.00pm and it left 1 minute later. Arrived up the escalators at Canary Wharf at 10.03pm. That included a few minutes at Hammersmith and Westminster. Using the HEX according to TFL is the quickest to this part of town - but that assumes you time your connection for the train correctly. Miss it and the tube will get you there just as fast, but for a fraction of the price. The way the HEX prices keep rising, I won't be using it again.

Now, the big question is will you take the DLR all the way to LCY via the interchange at Poplar, or will you take the more logical/quicker route of using the Jubillee to Canning Town and then changing for the DLR??