FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best credit card conversion rate to Asiamiles (HK) - 2014 and prior
Old Aug 16, 2014, 6:44 pm
CrazyJ82

Programs: BA Silver/ows, CX AsiaMiles (not even GR anymore!) missing my GO days
Hi percysmith, two questions:

Originally Posted by percysmith
I haven't transferred any RewardCash into Asia Miles this year. All my RewardCash are going into Avios for 18 Avios/RC. The Rewardcash is being debited every Thursday and credited to my Avios a week later. Has your RewardCash been deducted yet?
Where do you see 18 Avios/RC? I only see the normal 15 rate where I've looked on the website. Is there a promo somewhere I've missed? (I've got a HK Premier MC.)

Originally Posted by percysmith
No there isn't, but the following options are superior:

HSBC 6X if you can set it to dining $2.78/mile ($180K 2014-15 limit)
SCB Worldmiles $5/mile
DBS Plat on dining $5/mile
Bankcomms on weekends $4/mile (with limit)
Are you sure the HSBC 6X works for banquets? My read of the T&Cs seems to exclude this, even at a non-hotel restaurant:

7. Only dining outlets in Hong Kong classified as restaurants or dining merchants according to the merchant codes issued by VISA International, MasterCard Asia/Pacific (Hong Kong) Limited and China UnionPay are included. Transactions made in respect of banquet services, private functions, private room events, dining outlets in hotels, department stores, associations and clubhouses, and the food and beverage services provided by a designated merchant of other spending categories will not be counted as an eligible transaction.