FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada rouge Flight Report and Feedback Thread
Old Aug 14, 2014, 2:07 pm
J. Leslie

Programs: Aeroplan AA
Flight/Origin-Destination: YYC-LAS
Date: July 30, 2014
Cabin: Y

Pre departure
Was check in quick and efficient? OLCI
Was priority boarding offered (if applicable to your status) and efficient?
If there was a delay, did the gate agent provide timely updates? Delayed 30 minutes (approx), one update

Onboard - Premium rouge cabin:
Were the crew professional & well groomed?
If there was a delay, were you provided with timely updates?
Did the IFE work as expected?
Was a pre-departure beverage offered on the ground?
Were newspapers & menus distributed and meal orders taken (Please specify when meal orders were taken - on the ground or in the air)?
Approximately how long after take off did it take for the first meal service to be completed? (From takeoff to all items collected)
How was the quality of all the meals?
Did the cabin crew continiously top up the beverage of your choice throughout the flight?

Onboard - rouge cabin:
Were the crew professional & well groomed? Yes
If there was a delay, were you provided with timely updates? Yes, pilot was very good about progress reports
Did the IFE work as expected? Didn't use
Approximately how long after take off did it take for the first meal service/Onboard cafe to begin? 30-40 mins
How was the quality of the meal/Onboard cafe? N/A
Did the cabin crew offer water regularly throughout the flight? Yes

Post departure
If you have checked baggage, did it arrive within reasonable period of time? Yes

Overall experience/any other comments:

Booked mainline, got Rouged. I'm 5'11" and spent the entire flight with my knees uncomfortably crammed into the back of the seat in front of me ( the passenger in front made that worse by reclining). There were a pair of knees pushing into my back at the same time - the poor guy behind me was well over six feet, so not his fault at all.
Never again - and I hear that many times at the carousel.