FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Banks that allow Money Order deposits via Smartphone or ATM(2014-2016)
Old Aug 14, 2014, 12:33 pm
ma91pmh

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by FT-hss
This is making me sick to the stomach now.. I had same happen about 6 months back at BofA for around 2.5K. This machine said its not printing receipts (typed note hanging on top of ATM). I was careless (not any more).. No deposit showed up for days so I claim.. went through exact same thing.. a month later they reversed the credit saying they had no record of the funds being deposited. By the time I was going thorugh so many MOs. I doubted my own memory and gave up.. Now I read this thread and seems like I am/might be out. MSers Beware!!!!
In my own case I got confirmation from BofA that the claim was validated and that the credited funds were correct. I have no doubt having all the relevant MO numbers on hand helped that.

I would suggest you literally immediately stop playing this MS game all together right now. Take time out, regroup yourself, and come back to this if and only if you think you can do an infinitely better job of record keeping and tracking. It is literally horrifying to read someone doesn't even know if they have lost money or not. There is not a single deposit I have made anywhere where I could not find within a few minutes right now the ATM deposit receipt which would be closely tied up with the relevant money order slips and those in turn would be tied to the receipts of wherever I bought them. And heck if they were bought with gift cards I have the receipts for those too, along with the used gift card with the date and place of where I liquidated them written on the back. While this was a little nervy for me given the sheer size of the deposit, I never really doubted for one second I'd lose my money.

This should be a lesson to all that you need to keep very good records in this game