FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase closed my credit card account(s) [Archived 2013-mid 2019]
Old Aug 13, 2014, 8:22 pm
ftomasze

Programs: SW CP, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Unfortunately I checked my online acct today and all of my Chase account have been closed.

History: I have 14 inquiries over the last 8 months and 11 new accounts on Experian. All spaced 2-3 months apart, 5 of them being Chase accounts. Most recently the SW Plus for the CP that I opened earlier this month. I have always paid on time and in full prior to the statement cut. Very minimal MS, a couple K across all cards. I had to call in the other day for a fraudulent charge on my SW Premier acct, a telecom charge from the Netherlands, which initiated a human review which probably lead to an across the board account closure.

I immediately contacted the CSP rep who then transferred me to the lending department. The representative that I spoke with there explained that their decision was based off of the inquiries / new accounts. The call then proceeded like a recon call after he manually reviewed my credit report. I gave him my AGI and explained why all of the new accounts were established. He was not able to overturn the decision immediately but said that I would hear from another representative in the next 24-48 hours, the tone in his voice seemed promising, so I am not losing all hope at this point.

I thought that I had a decent relationship with Chase and knew opening the SW Plus was risky, but American greed for the SW CP made me do it. I luckily met my minimum spend before the account was closed so hopefully they do grant the points to my RR acct if they do decide not to overturn the decision.

I have about 90K UR points in my CSP acct at this point. I am going to wait for their final decision prior to transferring them out.