FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Sydney (Post-Reno) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Aug 12, 2014, 11:37 am
AKCuisine

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy
Originally Posted by everywhere
All good hotels in Sydney are regularly full on Saturday nights even throughout most of the winter. During the summer, things kick up a gear, so I am surprised at the number of reports of always getting an Opera Deluxe room as a Diamond without buying one...
You sound a bit dubious ... do you need photographic evidence?

Kidding aside, upgrades do happen. Perhaps the fact that it's winter may be making it a bit easier for some of us to score better rooms.

I checked into the Park Hyatt Sydney on Sunday and departed last Thursday, so no Saturday night stay was involved. FWIW, I was in Melbourne the previous week and had also been upgraded several categories to a deluxe club fireplace room at the PH-MEL where I did stay over a Saturday night.

At the PH-SYD I was upgraded to the Deluxe Opera View on my pure-points stay without even asking for the perk. The room had already been preassigned before my arrival. How do I know? My usual room requests that I put into my reservation (foam pillows, extra hangers and other items) had already been taken care of by the time the assistant manager walked me up to the room to complete the check-in

So yes, upgrades do happen.