FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Connection time domestic to int'l at GRU
View Single Post
Old Aug 11, 2014, 1:24 pm
dgcpaphd

Originally Posted by qfrodo

I can only assume that you are talking airside while I am speaking landside. As there would be no security to go thru if landside. I have not done airside as all my connections, both coming and going, thru Terminal 3 have been to/from domestic flights. And I was there the first day UA began using Terminal 3. We did go thru security to continue to GIG, like the old days, but we left from Terminal 3.
Yes, I am talking about air side.

As you know, one first checks in at the airline at GRU - next is security - next is immigration - next is the lounge (if one has access). Next should be the gate from which the aircraft departs.

However, on my last trip from GRU. an extra step was required getting to the departure gate, as previously described.

Out of curiosity, I checked AA's web site and tracked flight 216. I noticed that during the past several days, sometimes the plane departed from Terminal 2 while other times it departed from Terminal 3.

Last night (August 10) the flight departed from Terminal 2

Sunday August 10, 2014 Modify Search
Search Results
Depart Flight Depart Arrive
American Airlines

Sao Paulo (GRU)
August 10, 2014

Departed
Scheduled Time: 10:05 PM
Estimated Time: 10:02 PM
Actual Time: 10:02 PM
Terminal : 2 Gate : 22

Tonight, the flight departs from Terminal 3

Monday August 11, 2014 Modify Search
Search Results
Depart Flight Depart Arrive
American Airlines

Sao Paulo (GRU)
August 11, 2014

Departed
Scheduled Time: 10:05 PM
Estimated Time: 09:56 PM
Actual Time: 09:56 PM
Terminal : 3 Gate : 43

My purpose for making my post is to alert others of the potential of missing one's flight if the aircraft departs from Terminal 3 while check in is at Terminal 2. One should allow extra time for the long walk from Terminal 2 to Terminal 3 plus allowing for the line at security just before entering the sky bridge. Again, this is air side.
-

Last edited by dgcpaphd; Aug 11, 2014 at 7:48 pm