FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Connection time domestic to int'l at GRU
View Single Post
Old Aug 11, 2014, 9:32 am
dgcpaphd

Originally Posted by qfrodo
Hi dgcpaphd,

You have me a bit confused. I have walked between Terminal 2 and 3 landside several times at GRU and it is nowhere near 2 and a half miles. I can't imagine that the airside wouled be any different in length. There is a Starbucks just before leaving Terminal 2 and heading into the connecting corridor and from there, it isn't more than 10 minutes, max, to get to Terminal 3. Is airside different?
Hi, I did not say that walking was 2 and one-half miles.

I said "Terminal 3 is about two and one-half miles by taxi from Terminal 2."

I also said that "The bridge is close to two miles in length. To access the bridge, it is required to go through security again, which made little sense because we did not exit any secure area."

and

"Walking as fast as we could (while pulling a carry on), it took us about thirty-five minutes to get from Terminal 2 to the gate in Terminal 3."

I am puzzled how you could get to terminal 3 in ten minutes. Did you also have to go through security again just prior to entering the sky bridge? The security process added time to the trip to Terminal 3.

Is there another route to get from Terminal 2 to Terminal 3? Could it be that there was just a temporary situation the night we made the trip?

I am a bit concerned because I am returning to Brazil soon and might run into the same situation.

If there is a way to avoid the great walking distance and additional security check from check in to the actual gate where the aircraft departs, I would like to know.

By the way, at the gate there were many people complaining about the distance from check in to the gate.
-