FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DL Encroaches Further on AS' Turf - Master Thread
Old Aug 10, 2014, 7:43 pm
Chugach

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.4.2; SAMSUNG-SM-G870A Build/KOT49H) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/36.0.1985.131 Mobile Safari/537.36)

Originally Posted by AS Flyer
I agree with the others. I think the passenger count that golfing boy mentions is primarily made up of those living in/around JNU. JNU is a big tourist draw primarily because of the cruise ships that stop there. When the cruise ships are in town the population probably nearly doubles - but it's only for a day. The limited number of cruises that begin/end there are on very small ships and really don't draw large numbers of people that fly in/out. The ships are really small (100 or so passengers) Additionally, I'd be very surprised if there was a large number of tourists flying in/out of JNU. I'm sure there are some, but I doubt the number is high.
SEA-JNU goes from 2x daily to 6x daily on AS in the summer months. I don't think that's local JNU-based traffic.