FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Trip Report: BA CW PHX-LHR-ZRH//FCO-LHR-PHX, with family and IRROPS
Old Aug 10, 2014, 6:24 am
dylanks

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
Thanks for the great feedback so far!

Originally Posted by msm2000uk
I hope your nanny didn't get put in WTP!
Ha, we were brave enough to travel with 3 kids for 5 weeks without help!

Originally Posted by zafiragirl
Enjoying your TR so far - thanks for sharing!

You have a beautiful family. Reminds me of mine about 15 years ago
Thanks!

Originally Posted by Aztec_Flyer
IME BA crews tend to absolutely excel when you are travelling F/J with kids.

We recently flew MIA-LHR with our two kids (8/9) in F and they were really well looked after throughout. They were given a (discrete) tour of the galleys & upper deck while their dinner was cooking and then when they woke in the morning they crew offered to bring them up to the flight deck when we landed and took lots of photos for them on our ipad. A golden ticket gladly issued to the three ladies looking after us so well.

As someone who is lucky enough to travel so frequently in LH F that it becomes routine - seeing the whole experience again through my kids eyes really recharges my BA batteries and reminds me of the strengths of BA (i.e. their crews) every time the kids travel.

I've had a whole range of BA crews from mediocre to exceptional, but the average is definitely closer to being exceptional when the kids are with me.

As an aside, I would recommend the one of the parents visit the galley before meals time so they can "de-sugar" the kids special meals before they are brought out. The meals were fine but had multiple snacks / treats that were donated to the Club Kitchen as a kid with a sugar high is the last thing you need on an overnight flight at bedtime!
Wow, that sounds like a pretty incredible experience for your kids!

The BA staff were nice enough to ask us before bringing any food to the kids to make sure anything with sugar or potential food allergies was ok for them. That's great advice for anyone ordering a kids meal.

Originally Posted by jacobitetraveller
I am sure this report will be very useful to those travelling with kids who have maybe not flown as a family

I am also sure that you will receive useful tips from others
Indeed...