FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Booking for a third party" thread
Old Aug 8, 2014, 10:30 am
agarwaga

Originally Posted by OB one
fereke showed you the way many FT'ers do it and I do not recall ever seeing a problem reported here resulting from doing that.

Yet a reading of HHonors T&C's says

5.The Reward may be issued to the HHonors member, or to any other person, as directed by the Member. Once issued, the Reward is not transferable and may be used only by the individual named on the Reward. If a person other than the individual named on the Reward documentation attempts to redeem the Reward, the Reward will be deemed void and accommodations and/or transportation will be denied.

I know many of us hate to use the phone these days, but a call to India (my best guess as to where you are from, sorry if I am off) HHonors at 0008006501316 might alleviate your worries.

Be careful though, you might have to cancel and rebook and if you do not have enough points in your account to make duplicate reservations for your cousin, this time in his name, they may cancel the original reward first and then there MIGHT not be any standard availability.

Just telling them that it is a gift and changing the name should be possible, but who knows?
Thanks guys.. Lets see how it goes.. Will keep you posted.