FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 4 continents, 8 countries with LH/CX/TG/SQ/NZ
Old Aug 7, 2014, 8:42 pm
italdesign

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
United Club ORD T2

United Club ORD T2

Confession: I love airport lounges. I had my first lounge experience in at the Plaza Premium Lounge KUL a few months ago. Loved the shower experience. It was spotless compared to my bathroom. I had imagined it would be like a shared dorm shower (eww). And I love free food, privacy, ambiance, etc no less. So I took refuge in a lounge whenever possible on the trip.

ORD is the home of UA and they have several United Club (UC) lounges. My AC J flight departed out of T2 so I opted for the T2 UC, which I had read was the newest at ORD and the nicest.

The interior is very nice for a domestic lounge. It's not huge but what I care about is not total size but spaciousness per guest. In that regard the occupancy was sparse with plenty of seats open at 6 am. There were basic snacks, fruits, and beverages. Wifi worked well and there were more power outlets than the average lounge.

sleep is possible on the couch

I'll be using the following criteria for each lounge in this report. Scores are out of 5. A score of 5 means excellent, 1 being terrible. I'm illiterate when it comes to alcohol so you won't find much report on that.

Time of visit: 6-7 am, Friday, July 11

WIFI: 4

POWER OUTLET: 4

PRIVACY & COMFORT: 3

FOOD: 2

SHOWER: 0 - none

SERVICE: 3

ARCHITECTURE & DESIGN: 3

Last edited by italdesign; Aug 13, 2014 at 9:58 pm