FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Parker: "To try to change the program (to revenue based) right now would be foolish."
Old Aug 7, 2014, 3:38 pm
FWAAA
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by morrisunc
Plus 1 to that. I will be doing monthly trips to nrt in j class - can't think of a reason why I shouldn't credit to dl or ua and get 65,000 miles instead of 25k miles per trip.
Originally Posted by RealFan
Similar issue for me which is why I will credit 100% to UA next year.
Easy enough to offer a triple/quadruple RDM bonus for purchased Business or First Class fares in 2015; no need to gut the program for the other 99% just to offer huge rebates to the top 1%.

If AA sees premium cabin bookings slip early next year, it would be child's play to make sure the monthly trip to NRT yields 70,000-75,000 RDM. If that's all it takes to lure someone away from UA or DL, you can bet that AA will do just that.

It's possible that some of the big companies (where lots of employees spend lots of OPM flying long-haul flights in premium cabins) will revolt when they discover that UA and DL have incentivized their employees to buy full J instead of discount I or D so they can collect even more redeemable miles. It's not a certainty that DL or UA will succeed in their attempt to convince employees to waste their company's money.