View Single Post
Old Aug 7, 14, 1:18 pm
zzrayzz

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum
We stayed here for 1 night this past weekend and it was great. The gf and I arrived at Noon and was able to check-in, which was very convenient to drop everything off and head out to brunch (at Founding Farmers!) Front desk did acknowledged my Diamond status, advised my benefits, and offered me 4PM check-out and if I wanted points or food&beverage (I took the pts). I had originally booked a Park King Deluxe with MER, and was given a Premier View Deluxe King (view of N street). I was very impressed with the room! It looked more like a junior suite with a HUGE bathroom. We ate dinner at Blue Duck Tavern. It was a nice cool night, so we requested to sit outside. It was funny watching diners come through the front door (the front door is like 30 feet tall!!) and everyone that opens the door, instantly tilts their head up and gaze in amazement. Food was delicious and the waiter even comped our desserts! (not sure if being a Diamond had anything to do with it) but it was a nice surprise when he brought the bill over. As for the Diamond breakfast, we did in-room dining. We placed our orders the night before via the menu hanging on the room door knob. We requested for 10AM and I believe the arrived a few minutes before. The bill came close to ~$100 after tax+tip and was directly billed to the room. The breakfast charge was later removed at check-out. Great stay and can't wait to stay again soon!