FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - would you accommodate a seat swap request that you do not understand?
Old Aug 7, 2014, 12:52 pm
calvinshuhfc

Programs: CX Green, AY White, A3 Blue
Originally Posted by intuition
Be careful what you wish for...

On CKG-HEL, I was given the pleasures of having an young woman seated next to me, due to AY overselling Y by approx 40 pax. The delights included climbing on seat, ChongQing style chicken wings everywhere, pictures taken of every detail of seat/cabin/food, giggles when seat actually reclined when recline-button was pressed and a constant and loud discussion in sichuanese mandarin with some other upgraders diametrically across the cabin.

I did manage to converse her for about 2 minutes though.

BTW, you all know that AY has the "social check-in", where you can connect with unknown people on your flight? No idea if it works though, the tool need to have many users before there even is a slight chance 2 users are on the same flight at the same time.
I, too, would take pictures of the seat/cabin/food especially when I fly in J because I don't usually get the chance to do that...

Others (especially the last one) are just stereotypical mainland Chinese behaviour.