FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Connection times when booking online
View Single Post
Old Aug 6, 2014, 9:53 am
KARFA
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ahoban
Hi,

Have found quite a few threads regarding connection times at LHR however couldn't narrow down to anything relating to extending a layover.

We're looking at doing DUB-LHR-JFK in early 2015, however when looking at the options BA are showing when looking at flights+hotel it's giving me exactly 60 minutes to transfer on all 10 flight options.

As I've managed to get a very rare two weeks off work, I'd like to take a somewhat relaxed approach to the beginning of the trip and possibly enjoy a few hours in one of the lounges to relax and deal off any issues that will no-doubt surface when clients realise I'm out of office.

So I'm just wondering what's the best way to go about getting a bit more time at Heathrow? As it's a flight+hotel I'm unsure if it can be booked over the phone and if then can even alter the flights offered by the system? Or would it be easier to just go and book it and then try have the first sector changed over the phone afterwards?

I've had a look on Matrix and the 831 from Dublin, transferring onto the 177 gives me a handy 3:55 at Heathrow, which is ideally the combo I'd like to get my hands on.
If you are looking at flights via the BA holidays site can't you click on change/select other flights? I thought that should bring up several other connection options you can choose from.