FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 62-year-old woman sneaks onto aircraft without ticket
Old Aug 6, 2014, 4:51 am
84fiero

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by pcfdt
For the amount of effort she puts in, it would've been easier to spend her efforts getting a job and using her wages to buy a ticket.
It doesn't appear that she's necessarily acting out of a lack of funds, just as not all shoplifters steal because they can't afford to purchase the item:

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local...254825601.html

The retired secretary who lives near Sixth Street in San Francisco is in jail now on $25,000 bail, the newspaper reported. She has no family to speak of, the newspaper reported.

Her wits are sound, according to District Attorney Steve Wagstaffe: she is "articulate" and clean. "She just strikes me as a very lonely person," he told the newspaper.
Though I would say that simply because a person is well spoken and clean, doesn't automatically rule out some sort of mental or other issue.

Originally Posted by techblr
I am just curious how she was able to clear the TSA checkpoint without the BP? She probably had an forged mobile BP or physical (altered) BP?
How indeed! Our crack security system at work. Thank God she didn't have a dead cell phone with her though!