FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase closed my credit card account(s) [Archived 2013-mid 2019]
Old Aug 5, 2014, 6:15 pm
queensgambit

Programs: Delta, AA, USairways, BA, United, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Plat , Marriott, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by JBG89
Can i ask how many online gambling transactions your processed and how long ago until they cancelled?
About 5 per credit card for <1k each (usually 3 for 1k and 2 for $300).

I live in Nevada, I suppose online gambling is still illegal on a national level and that banks have to comply with those regulations. I'd like to test it where I'm very careful about not raising any red flags and the only red flag is online gambling transactions under different names. See if that results in getting closed. Unfortunately not many cards left to try that test in.

Also I just tried applying for SPG and was told too many credit apps in too short a time frame. Any recommendations on optimal # of card apps per month across all the banks and how long I should wait before applying for one?

This all really sucks because I hired a "points coach" who worked for TPG for several years and seemed legitimate and yet didn't mention a single thing about "being careful" and "reading reading reading". At this point if I were to maintain a blog or offer consulting services the first thing I would ever tell anybody is to be extremely careful, read FT as much as possible and then read more. FML