Old Aug 5, 14, 1:50 pm
ENIAC

Programs: SPG LTP & Hyatt Globalist. IHG, Radisson, HH, National from credit cards
I'd say it's been going down hill over the years. We've spent the last three Christmases there on points. Previously I'd stayed at quieter times of year and got nice suites. The progression over the past three holidays has been: 1, cramped suite (top floor, where the tower gets very thin and the room gets smaller), 2, regular room ocean view with balcony, 3, regular room land view no balcony. Congratulations to them on filling the rooms and cutting suite prices so that they actually sell, but if I can't count on any kind of upgrade it's time to consider other options.

The club lounge also deteriorated -- in recent years there's been no desert, sometimes no salmon at breakfast, and a shift from high-end soft drinks (e.g. Perrier and Fiji water) to basic club soda and terrible water. Last year I noticed the newspapers had gone too.

As noted above there are areas that feel more run down. Two of the restaurant spaces closed (three if you count no dinner at the country club anymore) and I noticed from one year to the next that the hot tub on the upper level had not been fixed and was presumably abandoned. Also the food at Splash (outside café/pool service) was truly awful.

Service is not so great. There seems to be 15 minute line for the front desk day and night -- they just remove people when it gets quieter to keep the queue the same length even at midnight. Pool service is very hit and miss. Housekeeping also getting worse -- turndown was 50/50 on the earlier stays, and didn't happen at all on the most recent one. We have also had the experience of leaving the room for four hours, calling to request housekeeping, and have it not have taken place when we get back. With two small kids it can be hard to leave the room for the whole day.

Kids club is great though.

Overall still a good option to consider, but no longer a foregone conclusion as the best SPG option in the area. Maybe the Diplomat and I have just been spending too much time together and need to see other people for a while.

Last edited by ENIAC; Aug 5, 14 at 2:05 pm