FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Prince De Galles, Luxury Collection, Paris, France [Master Thread]
Old Aug 4, 2014, 10:13 pm
MikeFromTokyo

Originally Posted by akatuva
MikeFromTokyo, let me clarify what I was trying to say. If you are an SPG Plat considering this hotel, in my opinion, the recognition is poor and the value proposition is not great. Instead, think about using Virtuoso or FHR to book George V, Le Bristol, Mandarin, etc and you still get some of the benefits you would get at an SPG property as a Plat.

Certainly if you book through Virtuoso or FHR for Starwood properties (although PDG I don't believe is in FHR's roster), you should earn Starpoints and get stay credits.
Oh , I see what you mean - as the recognition is poor there is little incentive to choose it over the above (much better) hotels you mention.

I was afraid that might be the case, so will stay at George V. I was hoping platinum status might make PDG a value proposition, but I see that is not the case.

Frankly, I am not sure if I would like staying down the street from the best hotel in town, when by paying a bit more I can be at the George V.