FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FCO Rome Fiumicino Airport [Merged thread]
Old Aug 4, 2014, 1:48 pm
Family Traveler

Originally Posted by JMN57
Added Perspective: This was the exact approach I took at FCO. The shuttle bus being there when Family Traveler arrived was good fortune. I (and some other people) waited for 20+ minutes for the shuttle bus to arrive. My wife was sweating it out waiting with our carry-on (she did have a nice conversation with a couple while she was waiting).

For an early flight out of T5, I would probably drop off the day before in the city and just take a taxi to the airport.
Interesting that you waited so long for the next shuttle. They have an electronic sign at the shuttle stop and when my bus pulled away it was showing about 3 minutes until the next bus arrived (and I waited on my bus for about 5 minutes until it pulled away but don't know how long it was there). I guess I got lucky and so another reason to get there with plenty of time in advance.

We weren't staying in Rome the night before (I would not keep a car in Rome) but instead since we were coming down from Florence, we stayed over night just to the north right on the water in Ladispoli, about 25 minutes to get to the airport in the morning. Beautiful property called La Posta Vecchia - pretty pricey but better than overnighting at a crummy airport hotel for the last night of the trip.