FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A few positive words about UA's international C
Old Aug 3, 2014, 9:05 am
StingWest

Programs: BA Gold, B6 Mosiac, VS, AA, DL (and a legacy UA 2MM)
Originally Posted by flyerdude88
I admit it - I've become one of AA's biggest fans. With 98% of my work travel being domestic, it's not surprising as I think AA is leaps and bounds ahead of UA on the domestic front.

However, I flew AA J international, for the first time since making the switch to AA, this evening (DFW - LIM) and I was so underwhelmed and it left me baffled as to why UA isn't dominating the international space for customers flying US carriers as they should be.

On food: AA salad was slightly better but the steak while juicy was quite rubbery so I'd call it a draw with UA's international food (and worse than some domestic F meals I've had on AA)

On service: AA was very mediocre - the FA who was handing out customs cards accidentally gave me one in Spanish (which I can kinda sorta read / speak). When I realized the issue I went up and asked an FA if there was an English one. Four hours later she got back to me to inform me there wasn't. This is as an EXP in J (Y ticket + SWU), really it took 4 hours to get an answer? Overall they were pretty meh - and I definitely was treated worse for looking young despite being in my mid-twenties
I got a chuckle out of your last sentence: I would venture that you are young - enjoy it while it lasts (and ignore the perceived slights)

I've never been an AA fan, but will try them out going to EZE in a few months - as their price in C/F was so much lower than UA's.